CMA Practice Manager Luncheon
Mar 13, 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM (ET)
Topic: Public Policy, Politics and the Medical Practice
Ohio has a new Governor, a new Speaker in the Ohio House, and Central Ohio has several new legislators, including our first Representative who is a practicing physician.
This practice managers luncheon is a time to learn the latest on public policy. We’ll discuss the political landscape in Ohio and its potential impact on issues. Additionally, we will review of new laws passed in the previous 2017-2018 General Assembly and look at some specific future areas of issues, including
- Status of prior authorization for practices following implementation of new law;
- Price transparency: what will be required of practices to share with patients?
- Implementation of medical marijuana;
- Maintenance of Certification (MOC): new law or new specialty society policies?
- Pharmacy benefit managers and potential impacts from mergers of pharmacy/ insurance companies;
- Update on efforts related to the opioid crisis in Central Ohio