In today’s political environment, now more than ever, elected officials and their public policy decisions have a profound impact on physicians and their patients.
The Columbus Medical Association political action committee (PAC) raises funds to support elected officials who are supportive of our work.
CMA PAC has only one fundraising event every year. Your contributions at this event are used to make donations to Central Ohio office holders and candidates that local doctors decide are supportive of the work and perspectives of the CMA, COTS, and PCC.
Central Ohio physicians work hard to engage and make a difference with our local elected officials on issues of importance to doctors, patients, and our community. Some issues include:
- Price transparency/surprise billing
- “Value” based regulations
- Maintenance of Certification (MOC)
- Prior authorization requirements
- Funding to Support Free Clinic
- Scope of practice
- Public health
- State Medical Board and other regulatory board regulations
What can you do to help?
- Attend the PAC fundraiser event on September 26th (details here)
- Share details about this event with your colleagues. The easiest way is to click here, copy the website address and paste in an email and send. You can also share in the social media platforms that you utilize.
- If you are unable to attend the event, you can still contribute to the CMA PAC by clicking here.